- Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
The CYCA is the race organiser. The CYCA is based in Sydney, New South Wales.
Naming Rights Sponsor
- The Noakes Group
The Noakes Group of marine companies have supported sailing in Australia for more than 30 years. Managing Director Sean Langman has a special connection with the race, having won line honours three times in his famous 60-footer Grundig and taken out the handicap prize in 2003. From its origins as a rigging provider in 1984, Noakes has grown to include the full range of maintenance and repair services for recreational and commercial boating. It operates two shipyards – at North Sydney and Nelson Bay (Port Stephens), the heritage Sydney Harbour ferries of Rosman Cruises, and has extensive interests at Port Huon in Tasmania.
Race Finishing Club
- Southport Yacht Club
The Southport Yacht Club is the race finishing club on the stunning Queensland Gold Coast, the destination of the race.
- Bureau of Meteorology
The BOM provides weather reports for the Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race. The BOM is responsible for providing meteorological, hydrological and oceanographic services in Australia. Link here to a specialised marine page on the BOM website.
- Marine Rescue NSW - Marine Rescue NSW have showed continued support by kindly assisting the CYCA and competitors, by conducting pre-race radio checks for all boats on the race frequencies. During the race they also assist the CYCA race management team by providing communication channels through Marine Rescue Lake Macquarie. It is a great service and the CYCA would like to thank all the volunteers for their continued service over the years.
- KORDIA - owns and operates Australia's Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) HF network on behalf of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) and Bureau of Meteorology (BOM). Kordia will play a supporting role for the Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race by monitoring the HF race frequencies used by the fleet
- Yellowbrick Tracking - The Yellowbrick tracker is a rugged and fully self-contained battery operated tracker which works anywhere on Earth. The tracker will obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to Yellowbrick HQ using the Iridium satellite network. The positions are then visualised on both our race trackers, the race Yacht Tracker map embedded in this site and our Google Earth based tracker. Iridium is the only satellite network that allows transmission of information from any point on Earth. Iridium is the only satellite network that allows transmission of information from any point on Earth. Iridium has 66 satellites in orbit around the Earth, allowing coverage anywhere on Earth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Messages sent via Iridium take just seconds to reach Yellowbrick HQ and the race website server.
- JBW and Appliances Online - The Radio Relay Vessel MV JBW, a spacious 70 foot motor cruise, is generously donated to the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia by CYCA member and owner of Appliances Online, Mr John Winning. MV JBW is available for charter service when not on RRV duties. Please visit http://www.jbw.com.au to learn more about this luxurious motor cruiser or make a charter booking. If you are in the market for whitegoods or other appliances we ask you to support Appliances Online where possible. The CYCA Board of Directors thanks John Winning for his ongoing support and generosity to the CYCA.
General sailing links